Yields: 15-18 cupcakes or two 4-inch round cakes.
∙ 2 cups quick oats
∙ 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
∙ 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
∙ 1 mashed banana (preferably overly ripe)
∙ 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
∙ 1 egg
∙ 2 tsp baking soda
∙ 1 tsp baking powder
∙ 1 Tbsp honey
∙ 2 cups smooth natural peanut butter
∙ 1-2 tbs water
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners or oil. If making cakes, line the cake pans with parchment paper.
3. Mash banana and add peanut butter, oil, applesauce, honey, and egg. Mix until smooth.
4. In another bowl, combine oats, baking soda, and baking powder.
5. Gradually add the combined wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until well combined.
6. Spoon into cupcake cups or pan until 2/3 full.
7. Bake cupcakes for 18 minutes, and cakes for 28 minutes.
8. While cupcakes bake, make frosting: using electric mixer, whip peanut butter until soft, slowly add water until you have a frosting-like consistency.
9. Once cakes cool, spread or pipe on frosting.
10. You can also decorate the top with crushed dried salmon skins, sliced banana or your pup’s favorite treats.
These pup-cakes can last up to a week in an airtight container, or you can freeze them and keep them longer. Once you try this easy dog cake recipe, you will be hooked on giving your dog the best whole food options.